review these guidelines with the clean-up team before the event.
1. Provide a wash station, hand sanitizer and first aid kit.
2. Always wear gloves, especially when handling broken glass, metal objects or pieces of wood.
3. Assign someone to supervise small children.
4. Wear sturdy closed toe shoes and comfortable, bright colored clothing that cover arms and legs.
5. Apply insect repellent and sunscreen.
6. Stay at least five feet from the edge of the road.
7. Stay clear of any construction
8. Stop work in inclement weather
9. Drink plenty of fluids– take breaks– avoid overexertion
10. Be alert for wildlife, stinging insects and poisonous plants
Have a safe, successful event!