Oak Park offers a range of services to local merchants through Business Services, the Village's liaison to the business community. The main goal of Business Services is to respond to the ongoing needs of the business community and serve as a key partner in the growth and development of Oak Park 's 12 business districts. Assistance includes the following:
- Obtaining retail grants and/or loans for rehabilitation or startup
- Receiving assistance from other internal departments
- Maintaining compliance with Village of Oak Park business requirements
- Coordinating events within the business districts
- Locating a business within Oak Park
- Accessing business resources and technical assistance
Business Services also is responsible for the overall communication with the business districts regarding Village initiatives and projects that impact the business community. This includes providing timely updates related to construction projects, zoning, development and other business-impacting efforts. Business Services is committed to ensuring local businesses have the resources and support needed to be successful and to contribute to a better quality of life for the community.
Business Services also administers most licenses, including business licenses, liquor licenses and taxi licenses.